Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Realizations

Realizing is not always learning new things - it's mostly understanding things you already knew but never really thought about - "a-ha" moments...

Things I realized today:


  • I'm not good at blogging. I totally forgot my sister helped me start this blog. Now it's HOW many days later and I haven't added a thing?!
  • I like bad weather. Yea - I know it scares me and I've been known to sleep on the couch during storms for fear that a tree will fall on my room, BUT I love to hear thunder and watch as lightning flashes. (is Eddie Rabbitt here???!!) No matter how severe the storm - it's only a tiny glimpse of God's unfathomable power.
  • I'm not a great speller. I mean - without spell-check I had NO IDEA how to spell unfathomable.
  • Driving with a screw in your back tire is nerve wracking. OK there's some explanation warranted here - so I ran over a screw in my driveway. (I'm sure the make-shift auto shop my 17 yr old has in our driveway had NOTHING to do with it). ANYWAY I noticed a thump-thump sound while going to the store, but the tire was not flat - nor hissing a threat of going flat. My husband reassured me that it would be fine to drive on - so I did. Driving in the rain on the freeway, however, I was mentally preparing for a high-speed blow-out - thinking "should I slow WAY down and let this semi pass me so when my tire goes he won't smush me?" or "If my tire blows when I'm ON the bridge do I stop on the bridge or do I limp to the other side?" and "When the state trooper writes my ticket for driving an unsafe vehicle, do I ADMIT that I knew the tire was already screwed?(pun intended).
  • I'm not going to Cancun this year. I know, anything can happen. I didn't think this time LAST year that I was going to Cancun LAST year - but I did. My daughter won a contest and took me with her. It was going to be her honeymoon but she broke up with the guy before the wedding (THANK the LORD) , but she had to have someone 21 or older to travel with, so since I already HAD a passport.... ANYWAY the radio station is giving away a trip to Cancun and I've tried and tried to be the 10th caller but all I EVER get is a busy signal, and the last day to qualify is (was) today. Oh well, my daughter would've wanted me to reciprocate, my son would've wanted me to take him, but I would've taken their Dad, and BOTH of my kids would've been mad at me. So see, it's a good thing I'm not going to Cancun this year.
  • My name in "web-dings" is Amy. OK so that was SUPPOSED to be little bitty pictures of a train, a telephone pole, and a circle with a line thru it (use your imagination). Do people really use web-dings font, and if so....Why?

Ok - enough realizing for today. I wonder what I'll realize tomorrow???


  • 1 comment:

    Angie said...

    You are FUNNY! I love it when I realize things. You are such a great writer! I'm also a fan of spell-check....except sometimes I forget to use it.

    I love and miss you.