Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving all!

While you are enjoying your turkey and other fixins I hope you take the time to reflect on the Blessings in your life and Thank God for them.

Being a natural Sarcastoid (I made up that word - but it fits) it's a difficult task for me. Here's some stumbling blocks of Thanksgiving for me:

Should I be thankful that a bunch of people came over to this land hundreds of years ago and took it from the rightful owners by force?
Should I be thankful that I live in a country that is now paying for YEARS of greed and haughtiness?
Should I be thankful that I live in a country that embraces and rewards LAZINESS?

OK there are things that I am clearly NOT thankful for...

BUT, surprisingly I can think of what I AM thankful for:

I am thankful for God's love for me (despite my very, very long list of faults) and my SALVATION!
I am thankful for a wonderful husband who has endured my weirdness for almost 21 years!
I am thankful that the two children to whom I gave birth are healthy.
I am thankful for my education and my career.
I am thankful for friends - even you Tiffany (did you remember to fill out those protocols? HEEHEE)
I am thankful for my family - even the ones who live on another continent - which makes it even more sweet when I get to see them!
I am thankful that I was able to buy my husband a Corvette and for the new friendships that we've made since that purchase!(shout out to the Glass City Corvette Club!!)
I am thankful that I remain ambulatory.

WOW I do have things for which I am Thankful...who knew?!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for you. Love you bunches.
Aunt Liz

Angie said...

I'm thankful for my sister!!!